Frequently Asked FAFSA Questions
The FAFSA can be daunting, especially for first-time filers. Luckily, we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you in the process.The following are answers to the most common FAFSA questions.
- What are the FAFSA deadlines?
- Who is a dependent student?
- What's my FAFSA status?
- What is a dislocated worker?
- What if my parents do not want to submit their information for the FAFSA?
- I filled out my FAFSA but was not eligible, what do I do now?
- What is the purpose of a FAFSA Renewal form?
- What if I have a non-traditional family situation?
- What's my FAFSA PIN?
- Do I have to fill out the FAFSA every school year?
- How do you go about filling out the FAFSA if I am divorced and remarried? Does my ex fill one out as well? Do we list our current spouses?
- In order to get a Stafford loan or a Parent Plus loan, do I need to fill out a FAFSA?
- How do 529 plans affect financial aid?
- Can you mail me a FAFSA?
- Can you mail me a renewal FAFSA?
- How long is the FAFSA process?
- What are the final steps of the FAFSA?
- How long does it take for my school to receive the FAFSA?
- What's the difference between a FAFSA and a renewal FAFSA?
- What's the difference between a paper FAFSA and a FAFSA on the Web?
- Where should I mail my completed FAFSA paper application?
- What's the difference between a FAFSA application and a FASFA application?
Scholarship Resources for Students
Students should always remember to search for scholarships before applying for financial aid and student loans. Student Loan Network has two great free scholarship resources - Scholarship Search Secrets, a 40+ page eBook on how to find scholarships and the ScholarshipPoints program, where students earn points and win free scholarships!