What's my FAFSA status?
If you've completed and filed your FAFSA online, you can check the status of your application within 3-5 days; however, if you filed a paper FAFSA, you can only check your application status once it has been processed. Note that processing a paper FAFSA can take between 7-10 days.
The best way to check your FAFSA application status is to log in to your FAFSA account online or by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center's toll-free number: 1-800-433-3243.
To check your FAFSA status, you'll need your name, SSN number, date of birth and your FAFSA Pin number. Once you've entered this information, you should be able to download your Student Aid Report (SAR) - a copy of which will also be mailed or emailed to you. Check your SAR over to make sure all your information is correct. You'll receive final word of your student aid amounts when your award letter is mailed to you in April.
More FAFSA questions and answers:
- What are the FAFSA deadlines?
- Who is a dependent student?
- What's my FAFSA status?
- What is a dislocated worker?
- What if my parents do not want to submit their information for the FAFSA?
- I filled out my FAFSA but was not eligible, what do I do now?
- What is the purpose of a FAFSA Renewal form?
- What if I have a non-traditional family situation?
- What's my FAFSA PIN?
- Do I have to fill out the FAFSA every school year?
- How do you go about filling out the FAFSA if I am divorced and remarried? Does my ex fill one out as well? Do we list our current spouses?
- In order to get a Stafford loan or a Parent Plus loan, do I need to fill out a FAFSA?
- How do 529 plans affect financial aid?
- Can you mail me a FAFSA?
- Can you mail me a renewal FAFSA?
- How long is the FAFSA process?
- What are the final steps of the FAFSA?
- How long does it take for my school to receive the FAFSA?
- What's the difference between a FAFSA and a renewal FAFSA?
- What's the difference between a paper FAFSA and a FAFSA on the Web?
- Where should I mail my completed FAFSA paper application?
- What's the difference between a FAFSA application and a FASFA application?